Sunday, October 3, 2010

Tipping

Generosity is not solely based on one’s economic status, but instead, includes the individual’s pure intentions of looking out for society’s common good and giving from the heart. Generosity should reflect the individual’s passion to help others. In Buddhism, generosity is the antidote to the self-chosen poison called greed. <–From Wikipedia
After working at the Hilton serving for the past month I’ve greatly benefited from peoples generosity. In fact its makes up a majority of my income. Without people’s generosity I would make $2.5o an hour, which is not very great at all. After coming to this realization I have found myself relating more to people working hard and noticed how deserving they are of generosity. Tipping servers has become a whole new thing to me!  I suggest everyone reconsider your views on people in the service industry and look into your own life at where you can be generous whether it be with your money or your time. Remember! By refreshing others you in turn refresh yourself!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob, your blog was so well put and thought provoking. I am doing what you suggested and am evaluating my generosity. I am trying to think of new ways that I can be generous with my time/finances. Now I have a tip for you: Keep the blogging up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been in a server job and so do not know what they go through, but I have a great friend that is a server and has been for 4 years now. She always tells me her experiences and this makes me appreciate server's better. I like you tip well due to her stories. I think that everyone should always tip and tip well.

    ReplyDelete