Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Warren Buffet

Warren is a modern day Robin Hood. The only difference is instead of taking from the rich and giving to the poor he just asks for them to do it. Not only that, but he leads by example. Warren has pledged to give 99% of his money to charities.Bill Gates is jumping on this bandwagon too. Imagine if the rest of the billionaires were to take after Warren Buffet?  Read more about what this inspiring and giving man is doing here at:http://money.cnn.com/2010/06/15/news/newsmakers/Warren_Buffett_Pledge_Letter.fortune/index.htm
An excerpt:
“The reaction of my family and me to our extraordinary good fortune is not guilt, but rather gratitude. Were we to use more than 1% of my claim checks on ourselves, neither our happiness nor our well-being would be enhanced. In contrast, that remaining 99% can have a huge effect on the health and welfare of others. That reality sets an obvious course for me and my family: Keep all we can conceivably need and distribute the rest to society, for its needs. My pledge starts us down that course.” -Warren Buffet
I hope other leaders pick up on what Warren and Bill Gates have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment